Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday's Food for Thought - 2/15/08

Well, you've arrived just in time for another delicious round of mind-morsels. I take only partial credit for the following due to the impairment of my congnitive functions by way of what the Americans call "drugs." I've spent the last three days in my bed watching Heroes, meanwhile being under the effects of multiple medications intended to aid me in conquering the common cold. So far, all I've gotten accomplished is twelve episodes of Heroes, but if you're going to be sick that's not a poor choice of how to spend the day.

Quote:

A man should learn to detect and watch that gleam of light which flashes across his mind from within, more than the lustre of the firmament of bards and sages. Yet he dismisses without notice his thought, because it is his. In every work of genius we recognize our own rejected thoughts: they come back to us with a certain alienated majesty.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Self-Reliance"


Indeed, this quote might summarize the challenge of blogging.

News:
West Virginia Radio Station Offers Free Valentine's Day Divorce For One Unhappy Couple

Video:
Big Train--Do You Speak English?



Hopefully nothing to terribly deep. Happy Friday to all.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Haha, great video. I like that guy, whatever his name is. The redhaired guy. Sean of the Dead's one of my favorite movies (almost. it's on the level right under favorite).

Kat said...

Ha! That video makes me glad.

yzjhtk